Monday, March 11, 2013
Grindcore Bracketology 3: The King of the World
Ok. Moving on.
We're about to crown the best grindcore record in history with two of the genre defining records vying for the honor. But first, let's take a quick trip back to see how the standings broke down so far.
32. Unseen Terror-Human Error
31.Cellgraft-External Habitation (tie)
31. Sakatat-Bir Devrin Sonu (tie)
31. S.O.B.-Gate of Doom (tie)
28. Liberteer-Better to Die on Your Feet Than Live on Your Knees
27. Enemy Soil-Casualties of Progress (tie)
27. Mortalized-Absolute Mortality 2 (tie)
25. Extreme Noise Terror-A Holocaust in Your Head (tie)
25. S.O.B.-Don't Be Swindle (tie)
23. Agoraphobic Nosebleed-PCP Torpedo
22. Nasum-Helvete (tie)
22. Carcass-Reek of Putrefaction (tie)
20. Siege-Drop Dead (tie)
20. Agoraphobic Nosebleed-Altered States of America (tie)
20. Suffering Mind-Suffering Mind (tie)
17. Napalm Death-From Enslavement to Obliteration
16. Dephosphorus-Night Sky Transform
15. Kill the Client-Cleptocracy
14. GridLink-Amber Gray
12. Brutal Truth-Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses (tie)
12. Wormrot-Abuse (tie)
10. Assuck-Misery Index
9. Brutal Truth-Need to Control
8. 324- Boutoku no Taiyo
7. Pig Destroyer-Prowler in the Yard
6. Napalm Death-Scum
5. Terrorizer-World Downfall
4. Insect Warfare-World Extermination
You could put together a pretty damn good grind collection using that as a template.
So with that trip down memory lane behind us, let's get down to business. It call came down to two albums, Repulsion's genre-defining (literally!) Horrified and Discordance Axis' new millennium game changer The Inalienable Dreamless. Would you go with tradition and nod back to the festering zombie that started it all or would you crown an anime-core classic as the greatest grind that ever ground?
C'mon. With my readership? We all know where this is going. The Inalienable Dreamless swept to a commanding 22-11 win, doubling up on Horrified to take the title as the single greatest grind album ever as chosen by you, my intelligent, charismatic, wise, dexterous, strong and ... ummm.... constitutional readers (D&D Second Edition 4 Lyfe, bitches!). I hope you can live with your choice.
Thank you everyone for participating. Until next year.
Posted by Andrew Childers at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
better check your thaco or else i might make Swarrrm a valid option somewhere here.
Post a Comment