Friday, March 12, 2010

300th Post Crap-taca-ganza!

This is madness. No, this is GRINDCORE!In the last 2.5 years I’ve pooped out 300 posts now. At an average of 300 words per album post, give or take, and with a bunch of longer think pieces and interviews that means I’ve probably sent about 100,000 words skittering off in the digital ether. That’s the size of a fairly respectable paperback. Take a moment to ponder the absurdity of a novel length discussion of grindcore. So in honor of all this ridiculous persiflage, there seemed to be only one sensible way to reflect: with the world’s most retardedly short grindcore compilation.
Enjoy.
*Link has been corrected to appropriate zip file*

1. Brutal Truth – “Collateral Damage”
2. Discordance Axis – “Dystopia Pt. 2”
3. Body Hammer – “The Principles and Practices of Nihilism”
4. S.O.B. - "S.O.B."
5. Agoraphobic Nosebleed – “Fuck Your Soccer Jesus”
6. Nasum – “Disforest”
7. Napalm Death – “You Suffer”
8. Rehumanize – “Rough”
9. Retaliation – “Distrust”
10. My Minds Mine – “Why Don’t You Just Fuck Off?”
11. Anal Cunt – “Newest HC Song #2”
12. Gore Beyond Necropsy – “Shitgobbling Hate Generation”

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop making mixtapes! You're ruining my ideas!
Congrats though, you're the man. Get this shit printed in zine form and I'll buy it. ;p

Andrew Childers said...

haha. you're moving too fast. this is still a post in progress just realized i posted the wrong link and a few other things got borked in translation.

Alex Layzell said...

Congrats on your 300th post, and nice choice of songs, Never heard of My Minds Mine, off to check them out

Vegas said...

hahaha fucking awesome.

Endless Blockade would have been a good song to put on here too.

Andrew Childers said...

DAMMIT! i had that on my list and forgot. good call.

Anonymous said...

grind on!

Invisible Oranges said...

Congratulations! A book-length treatment of grindcore could work if done right.

Bill Willingham IV, Esquire said...

Congrats on making it to 300!

I haven't been reading you for terribly long, but I really enjoy your stuff.

You've also turned me on to a few bands, including Who's My Saviour (discovered digging through your archives)!

Here's to 300 more!

Benj Jones said...

i always look forward to reading your posts. the best grind blog by a country mile....

Zmaj said...

Most excellent compilation. :)

Here's for another 300.

Also, a book about grind has mad potential. I can already see the ten-page explanation of blastbeats / glorification of the one-foot blast and Witte.

brutalex said...

Keep on grinding it into quadruple digits, I dare you

PatrickDM said...

i like zmaj's idea.

keep the post coming.

Andrew Childers said...

who volunteers to write the 5,000 word essay on "you suffer?"

206 said...

I'm game. Sign me up.