Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Minute Men

If you haven't availed yourself already, Blastbeat Mailmurder Records (aka Panos Agoros of Dephosphorus fame) is up with the first volume of the Monomaniac 7-inch series. The concept is Panos rounded up a handful of kickass bands and gave them one minute each to do what thou wilt. Volume one features forehead crushing contributions from 10 bangers including Cloud Rat, Sete Star Sept, Detroit, Body Hammer, Head Cleaner and three(!!!)  contributions from Australian dervishes thedowngoing in 60 seconds or less.
Panos has done a fabulous job putting this package together and I'm already drooling at the thought of volume two. I played a small role hooking Panos up with a few of the participants, so I won't be giving it a full review (but seriously, it kicks all kinds of ass). However, I just wanted to shove this one under your noses  if you haven't checked it out already. The 7-inch is gorgeously done, but you can also check it out as a pay-what-you-want download at Blastbeat Mailmurder's Bandcamp page. Do yourself a favor and give this one a listen.

4 comments:

DesiccatedVeins said...

I grabbed the download the other day and gave it a listen this afternoon. Seriously good stuff, especially the "fast" side.

Perpetual Strife said...

You mindreader! Wrote my review today and should be up Friday! Really dug the black/death metal acts paired with striaght grindcore and noisy acts too.

blasting D said...

I think both sides are really good!

really good bands I already liked, and really good bands that I discovered with this comp'

I asked Panos, who released it with his Blastbeat mailmurder, what he had to say about it, and as usul he had interesing things to say!
here's the interview :
http://theblastingdays.blogspot.fr/2012/10/the-monomaniac-interview-vol.html

DesiccatedVeins said...

I saw your interview the other day, Blasting. Panos never fails to be incredibly articulate.